What Causes Rashes to Baby Skin?
A baby’s skin is very delicate and prone to rashes, including irritation and bacterial, fungal, or viral infections. However, most of the rashes that occur in newborns are harmless and go away on their own.
Research shows that massaging the baby with natural oil can effectively cure these rashes. So with this article, we’ll check if cold pressed organic black sesame oil is beneficial for a baby with rashes or not.
What is Baby Rash?
Babies have delicate and sensitive skin with an immune system that has not yet fully developed. This is why they are especially susceptible to irritation and infection.
Although the rashes are easily treatable at home, in some cases, they are warning signs of more complex diseases.
Causes of Baby Rash
There are several causes of infant rash:
- Insects and bug bites
Rashes in babies and young children are not usually serious and can have a variety of causes. Some common types of rashes in infants and young children include the following:
- Diaper Rash – A red rash with lumps appears around the diaper area. It results from diapers that have been moist or dirty for a long time.
- Eczema – Also referred to as atopic dermatitis, this condition causes red patches of skin on the face and dry, scaly skin.
- Drool Rash – A type of eczema also known as newborn rash drool rash occurs when a baby’s spit irritates the skin and lips around the mouth, resulting in a rash.
- Food Allergy Rash – This type of rash can have symptoms including hives, vomiting, and diarrhoea that are brought on by specific foods.
- Erythema toxicum – Commonly referred to as E tox, a baby may have several red splotches and pimples that are yellowish-white in colour.
- Baby acne – Characterised by tiny red and white bumps that appear on a baby’s face, typically on the cheeks, forehead, and nose.
- Cradle Cap – Also referred to as seborrheic dermatitis, cradle caps can cause ominous blotches on a baby’s head.
- Impetigo – This contagious infection causes circular red rashes to appear on the nose, lips, and ears.
How Natural Black Sesame Oil Helps Cure Baby Rash?
Baby oil is a type of skincare product which is specifically designed for infants that creates a semi-permeable barrier over the skin.
The natural baby oil is mild and devoid of any substance that could result in an adverse reaction.
It plumps, smoothes, and hydrates the skin by securing the moisture on the face and throughout the body. Natural baby oil is filled with plant actives that are healthy for babies and free of hazardous chemicals.
If you want to get the most out of the oil and treat rashes on your baby, massage with Little Rituals’ cold pressed organic black sesame oil for the best result. To relieve the rashes, apply baby oil to the affected area. The skin is soothed, inflammation is reduced, and the skin barrier is stabilised within a few hours, thanks to plant actives present in the oil.