It’s not always easy being a medical practitioner. And with the current pandemic and the recent developments, things are even harder, and you might be finding it more difficult to continue. You might always be looking for new ways to reach out to patients and offer them the best service you can, but you haven’t had much luck. Solutions such as VoIP can transform your clinic and make it much more affordable to talk to your patients and co-workers when needed.
What is VoIP, and how Does it Work?
VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol and works precisely the way it sounds. Rather than using local landline wires through a telephone company, it transfers your voice in a digital signal or cloud through your internet connection.
If you’re working in a field where communication is crucial, you shouldn’t opt for a traditional telephone line as it’ll cost you too much. As long as you have a good internet connection, you’ll be able to make HD calls at rates that you pay monthly or yearly, according to your needs and access provided to members.
Communication Challenges in the Medical Field
One of the most significant issues in the medical field is waiting on the line to take down patient information and then relaying it to other co-workers to process it. It’s not just time-consuming, but it can also pile up your phone bill each time you put a patient on hold or transfer them to the correct person or department.
Since VoIP systems offer both prepaid and postpaid plans that work with your internet connection, all calls are free. It means that you can make unlimited calls in the workplace and even have high-quality audio or video conference meetings whenever it’s required.
Advantages of Implementing VoIP
There are many ways in which VoIP can aid medical practitioners, for example, VoIP:
- Ensures Security– Line hacking and information theft are serious risks of using outdated phone systems. You can’t afford to have patient data and records leaked at any cost. A VoIP system stores data online and offers enterprise-level encryption. In addition, it also has regular monitoring and assessments that pick up on suspicious behavior.
- Improves Productivity– Time management is crucial in the medical field, and there are many times when a receptionist might be busy on another call. VoIP offers benefits such as a digital receptionist that connects patients to the correct people or departments instead of increasing wait-time and losing them.
- Creates Flexibility– Some traditional phone companies ask customers to purchase a large amount of equipment and dish out a massive sum of money for features they may not require. VoIP systems offer packages and plans according to your needs, and you can decrease or increase them anytime. It also requires no extra equipment.
- Enhances Patient Experience– Your main goal would be providing the best experience for your patients, and while your staff might not always be able to keep this up throughout the day, a VoIP system can. It can improve patient experience through better quality, queuing calls, transferring emergency calls, and providing customized patient messages.
Many medical practices, such as general clinics, specialty clinics, dental clinics, nursing homes, and pharmacies, can benefit from a VoIP system.
What to Look for in a VoIP Service Provider
There are plenty of features that are crucial in the medical field. Here are a few things you should look for in a VoIP service provider:
- Variety in Packages– You don’t want to get stuck with one package that costs a lot for features that you won’t use. Find one that offers many plans that suits your needs instead.
- Provides Music-on-hold– Apart from queuing and forwarding calls, playing soothing music for customers can be a great way to keep them entertained while they wait.
- Unlimited Extensions– Having a personal extension to connect staff to doctors goes a long way. You don’t have to worry about missing important information and can reach each other directly when needed.
- Offers E-faxes– Many people think that faxes are out of use, but when you’re in the medical field, you may need them often. Look for a service provider that offers e-faxes to make sending documents easier.
All of these will make your life much more comfortable and improve your practice’s productivity and efficiency. However, if you’re having a hard time finding one, you can research the best VoIP providers for hospitals.
Continue Your Research
Although VoIP can be very beneficial to your business by improving efficiency, you will still need to find other ways to transform your clinic. If you’re looking to get ahead in your field, trial and error are key.